APPLICATIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE SPRING QUARTER 2014
What is Expected of a U-SU Board of Directors Member?
- Attend U-SU Board of Directors meetings. Meetings are held on the second Friday of each month at 2:00pm. The term of this appointment is July 2013-June 2014
- Represent other students by actively seeking out their opinions on U-SU programs, services, and building use
- Chair and/or serve on at least one U-SU standing committee
- Participate in U-SU programs and events as your schedule allows
- Ask questions!
- Interact with Board members, U-SU staff members, student assistants, and guests to the building so together, we can enhance the services currently offered
What Are The Eligibility Requirements To Serve On The U-SU BOD?
- Have been enrolled at CSULA and completed two quarters prior to applying
- Have earned no fewer than 9 quarter units of academic credit during that year prior to consideration
- Have earned a 2.0 or better grade point average during the 12 months immediately preceding the quarter in which the appointment occurs
- Have earned 8 quarter units per period of continuous attendance as a new graduate student to be eligible
- New graduate students who received a bachelor’s degree or credential within the past three years from CSULA must have earned a total of 18 units during their last year as an undergraduate to be eligible.
Undergraduate Candidates must:
Graduate Candidates must:
What Are The Benefits Of Serving On The U-SU BOD?
- Develop your leadership & communication skills
- Enhance your academic and professional resume
- Network with campus administrators, staff and other students who serve on the BOD
- Inﬂuence the future of the University-Student Union as you provide opinions on existing programs, services, and policies
- Meet new people and develop long lasting relationships with a diverse group of people from across the campus
- Shape campus life and students’ experiences at Cal State L.A.
I Have More Questions About Applying. Who Do I Contact?
For more information on the application process, please visit the University-Student Union administration office in room 306 or call Joe Sedlacek, Assistant to the Executive Director, at 323.343.2461.
REPORTING TO THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE FIVE COMMITTEES:
• SABU (Space Allocation and Building Utilization)
• PASS (Programs and Student Services)
All committees are chaired by student board members.