What is Expected of a U-SU Board of Directors Member?
- Attend U-SU Board of Directors meetings. Meetings are held on the second Friday of each month at 2:00pm. The term of this appointment is July 2013-June 2014
- Represent other students by actively seeking out their opinions on U-SU programs, services, and building use
- Chair and/or serve on at least one U-SU standing committee
- Participate in U-SU programs and events as your schedule allows
- Ask questions!
- Interact with Board members, U-SU staff members, student assistants, and guests to the building so together, we can enhance the services currently offered
What Are The Eligibility Requirements To Serve On The U-SU BOD?
- Have been enrolled at Cal State L.A. and completed two quarters prior to applying
- Have earned no fewer than 9 quarter units of academic credit during that year prior to consideration
- Have earned a 2.0 or better grade point average during the 12 months immediately preceding the quarter in which the appointment occurs
- Have earned 8 quarter units per period of continuous attendance as a new graduate student to be eligible
- New graduate students who received a bachelor’s degree or credential within the past three years from Cal State L.A. must have earned a total of 18 units during their last year as an undergraduate to be eligible.
Undergraduate Candidates must:
Graduate Candidates must:
What Are The Benefits Of Serving On The U-SU BOD?
- Develop your leadership & communication skills
- Enhance your academic and professional resume
- Network with campus administrators, staff and other students who serve on the BOD
- Inﬂuence the future of the University-Student Union as you provide opinions on existing programs, services, and policies
- Meet new people and develop long lasting relationships with a diverse group of people from across the campus
- Shape campus life and students’ experiences at Cal State L.A.
I Have More Questions About Applying. Who Do I Contact?
For more information on the application process, please visit the University-Student Union administration office in room 306 or call Joe Sedlacek, Assistant to the Executive Director, at 323.343.2461.
Download the BOD Application Here
REPORTING TO THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS ARE FIVE COMMITTEES:
• SABU (Space Allocation and Building Utilization)
• PASS (Programs and Student Services)
All committees are chaired by student board members.