JOIN A STUDENT ORGANIZATION
- Be on the lookout for fliers, banners, or postcards that advertise student group meetings and events. Attending these activities is a great and easy way to start your on-campus involvement.
- Visit the Center for Student Involvement where you can find contact and program information for recognized student organizations.
- Fill out the Interest Form. Want to learn more about specific clubs or groups? Complete and send the Center for Student Involvement Interest Form attached and we will forward your questions and information to groups you specify.
HOW TO START A NEW STUDENT ORGANIZATION
The Student Organization Registration Process has migrated online. For more information, please contact us at (323) 343-5110, or come by the Center for Student Involvement office, located in the
University-Student Union, Room 204.
- Student Organization Registration Form
Cal State LA Student Organization Presidents seeking to gain or maintain University recognition should complete this form. In addition, this form is also used for University departments looking to create a
- Student Organization Officer and Advisor Acknowledgment Form
Cal State LA student organization officers and advisors seeking to gain and maintain University recognition must complete and submit this form annually and with any changes made to those positions.
Club Presidents and Treasurers Must Also Meet The Following Requirements:
All candidate (new) and incumbent (returning) officers of the organization must meet the following minimum eligibility requirements established for Minor Student Representatives Student Officers per CSU Executive Order 1068 and AP 802.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- Must be matriculated and enrolled.
- Must be in good standing and not on probation of any kind.
- Undergraduate students must maintain a miniumum overall 2.0 grade point average each semester.
- Graduate Students must maintain a minimum 3.0 grade point average each term to be considered in good standing.
Incumbent Unit Load:
- Undergraduate students must earn six (6) semester units per term while holding office. Graduate and credential students must earn three (3) semester units per term while holding office.
Incumbent Maximum Allowable Units:
- Undergraduate students are allowed to earn a maximum of 150 semester units or 125 percent of the units required for a specific baccalaureate degree objective, whichever is greater. Graduate and credential students are allowed to earn a maximum of 50 semester units or 167 percent of the units required for the graduate or credential objective, whichever is greater.
- Students holding more than this number of units are ineligible for minor student government office.
- Signed Standards for Student Conduct: Hazing and Non Discrimination Section (included on the Student Organization Officer Information Form) that affirm that the organization members will not haze, or restrict membership on the basis of race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, color, age, gender, gender identification, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, political affiliation, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other classification that precludes a person from consideration as an individual. (Note: Social fraternities and sororities are exempt from membership practices based on gender under the provisions of Section 86.14 of Title IX, United States Code).
- Presidents must initial the Organization Handbook Acknowledgement Section to acknowledge they have been directed to the electronic PDF format of the CSI Student Organization Handbook on-line through the CSI website and that it is the responsibility of its officers and group members to read, understand, and comply with the policies and procedures and any revisions made to the handbook.
- All student organization officers and advisors must also review and sign the
Cal State LA Alcohol Procedures & Prevention Resources form.
The Center for Student Involvement will conduct eligibility verification for president and treasurer positions each semester in collaboration with the University Registrar's office.
- Submit your Organization's Constitution and Bylaws
Include a statement of purpose, definition of categories of membership and rules of procedure. The California Code of Regulations requires that student organizations submit a local campus organization constitution. Click here to View the sample of a local constitution and by-laws.
- A copy of the Constitution and By-laws of any parent organization with which your organization is affiliated, including any group that assists your organization financially or who has authority over your organization in any way must also be submitted to CSI.
Cal State LA fraternities and sororities seeking or maintaining University recognition will be required to send 100% of their members to attend a Sexual Violence Prevention & Resources Training (SVPT) during the academic year. Non-Greek clubs and organizations will be required to send at least two (2) members to SVPT prior to registering and holding authorized events with alcohol or at venues where alcohol is served. For more information on the dates and to RSVP please contact CSI at
- Developing Wellness
& Service Programs
- Eagles Care
- Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Golden Eagle Awards
- Golden Eagle Event
- Golden Eagle Handbook
- Emerging Leaders Program
- Leadership Academy
- Leadership Exploration
And Advancement Program (L.E.A.P.)
- Leadership Retreat (FLY)
- Music & Talent
- Student Leader Awards
- Student Organizations
- Student Organization
Handbook, Forms, and Policies
MON - THUR: 8 AM - 6 PM
FRI: 8 AM - 5 PM
SAT - SUN: CLOSED
Clubs Organizations Offices:
MON - FRI: 8 AM - 6 PM
SAT - SUN: CLOSED 5154 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90032
Room 204, 2nd Floor, U-SU